No Negative Self-Talk

Negative self-talk is something I have an ear for. I have had the opportunity to tell a many a new friend when I heard that stuff falling out of their mouths, "No negative self-talk!" I am usually persistent with it. It just hits me in my ear in a bad place. To listen to someone beat themselves up all by themselves is disturbing to me. Why do that? There are so many others in the world who will do a great job of beating you down and beating you up. Why does one of them have to be you.

Sometimes if it goes on long enough, I will say something like... can you put the bat down, drop the meat cleaver, take the gloves off, take your hands from around your neck, please. Stop all that negative self-talk. It is harmful not only to you but to me.

So if you have someone you know who speaks to themselves in hurtful ways and you hear and witness this, remember to remind them... no negative self-talk. Examples: I'm so stupid! Look what I did again! I'm so dumb! I'm just an idiot when it comes to this or that! You dumb dumb. You klutz.

If you can be kind to yourself and give yourself grace and be merciful to yourself, it will make it easier to give those same things to others. Get off the rug and stop walking on yourself. Don't make it easier for people to walk on you. Stop the negative self-talk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forget that STAR method

Window Panes

Putting on Packing On