Putting on Packing On

My doctor informed me that my recent weight gain is most likely age related. 

From medlineplus.gov:

Menopause is the time in a woman's life when her period stops. It usually occurs naturally, most often after age 45. Menopause happens because the woman's ovaries stop producing the hormones estrogen and progesterone. A woman has reached menopause when she has not had a period for one year.

Between September and November 2020 I went from 146 to 172. I was unnerved. 158 was about as heavy as I've even been. I thought if I cut out some recent medications I was taking, I could alter the trajectory of the extra pounds. Increasing my exercising and attentively adjusting my diet has not yielded the results I wanted either. I will still cut down the meds and eventually remove the medicine from my routine since the nation has settled into calm and I don't think I need anti-depressants any longer.

The weight for the outside world means nothing. It is more often I am told I do not look as heavy as I weigh. When I was 125, I would get, "You don't look 125." At 150 the same. At now 170, even my doctor said, "But you don't look 170." Of course I don't look it, but I am it. And this "it" has to go back to where "it" came from.

In the past I was able to do 25-50 sit-ups over a few weeks to re-establish my weight. That ain't happening now. Now I am embarking on studying age related weight gain due to hormone loss to see what my options are moving forward. I miss my metabolism.

Comments

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpBo2dl3PBc
    She's been doing this for a while. Ten years ago I read an article about her and said to myself, "I've got to step up my game."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Millie. I will check it out. <3

      Delete
    2. Millie!!! Can't nooobody mess with Ernestine!!! lol!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forget that STAR method

Window Panes