Window Panes

My cousin told me that she can feel the brisk chill of the outside cold when she passes by her window. Growing up I could feel the cold as well piercing though the window pane. Walking by one left no other option some winters than to grab your shoulders cross armed and go, "burrrr."

Time brings about a change and now in my home of seven year I have R-valued window panes. Double insulated windows that are a barrier to the cold chill just on the other side.

Do I miss greeting Mother nature's cold chilly tap on my should as I glide by my windows? I can honestly say that I do not even think about it. Perhaps I shall next winter pull beside her with a hot cup of tea and we shall fellowship like we do in the Spring or Fall.

My cousin is in a townhouse in Carrollton and is a renter. She rents for various reason, but she is about to embark on home ownership soon. She hopes to sign the papers in April. It will be a new home built from the ground up and located a ways away from the hustle and bustle.

She most likely will not miss the chill invading her home through her new windows. She most likely won't even give it a second thought.

Times brings about a change. Some may think that Mother nature will at some point loose her keys and her ability to enter and exit as she pleases in the cold winter months. But I am not that dull. Mother nature does as she pleases. She does as she is willed.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forget that STAR method

Putting on Packing On