Single Serve

I sure wish there were a grocer within walking distance of my house. I'd want for it to be Trader Joe's or Central Market or even a Coop. It would be great. I'd be able to gather what I needed for a few days and live like I were in New York City. New York City?!!?!

Single serve coffee and tea packets are usually what I choose to use for a hot beverages. Single serve other items are hard to keep in bulk unless it is processed or highly processed. I have stopped purchasing bulk items having to do with food. I still will purchase 120 rolls of toilet paper and 50 rolls of hand towels and 12 toothbrushes and 6 deodorants. But that is neither here nor there.

I would like to enter a bodega and gather a bunch of grapes and an avocado off the store front rack and not pay an arm and a leg. Maybe I would grab one banana. Later that day I would get an 8th a pound of turkey sliced thin and the same of Swiss. I would get a sprig of romaine and an itty bit of fresh herbs. I'd smile as I'd walk pass my neighborhood store and be glad it was there.

Comments

  1. Funny, the things we wish for. The necessities, conveniences, treats, extravagances, indulgences. How they change with time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then I saw the story on PBS about the people in Mozambique being displace because of attacks and killings in the North... and sat down somewhere...

      Delete
    2. And they we give thanks for our blessings.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forget that STAR method

Window Panes

Putting on Packing On