Natural Movie Endings and Natural Fence Install Endings

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is the 3rd act of the trilogy. Peter Jackson and J.R.R. Tolkien both may have been masters of drawing things out. When watching the third film of TLOTR with my sister and my mother, I was super excited. As it drew on and on, I looked to my left to see my mother asleep. My sister was hanging on barely.

I was reminded of this time during this cold Saturday. My sister has been having severe back pain. She insisted that we, meaning me, we go and get the concrete so we can set the fence posts today. I dropped by her house to let her knew it was too cold for me to work. Yet, off we went to Lowe's to get the concrete.

Lowe's had 80lb bags on sale. We purchased 4 bags. She paid 17.00 and some change. This was a good deal. I still was not going to set these posts this day. She drives over to my house to get my wheel barrel. I load it into her SUV atop the bags of concrete. I still was not going to work on this fence today.

She drives back over to her house and I get her to back near her fence that I stood up to keep folks from entering her yard. She was not aware that she could still draw the fence open because it was just propped against the window seal and the neighbor's fence and not affixed permanently. She was surprised.

I take the wheel barrel out and load two bags and we get them to the rear patio because it is still rainy around here. We had to get passed the two deep holes where two posts were removed. I had placed old fence pickets over the holes. I take the two bags out of the wheel barrel and place them on an empty tote. We return to the car and get the other two bags. I place one on another tote and leave one in the wheel barrel.

I reiterate to my sister that I am not going to work on this drizzling cold day. She still seemed a bit disappointed in that she could not create enough friction to get me lit to action. Finally, I jumped back in her SUV as we drive from her fenced off gate that I had propped back up and she parks in her driveway. I take off the coat she had let me borrow for our trip to Lowe's. I take off the Baylor Stocking Cap as well. I tell her so long. I jump in my car and head home.

Back to the LORD Of The Rings: The Return of the King. As this film attempted to wrap itself up, I begin to realize that it is never going to end. There were at least 5 natural endings to the film. Because I at one point in my life taught film and video, I just new that the next scene would be it, but no.

Frodo has the ring snatched from him as Smeagol bites off his finger to get it and falls into Mount Doom. End of story. No, the Eagle swoops in to carry Sam and Frodo away. End of Story. No. Frodo awakes in a bed from his long recovery and his fellowship gathered around his sick bed to see him revived. End of story. No. Aragorn takes his place as king. End of story. Then The Hobbits get back home and Sam gets married. Ending complete. No. Frodo and Bilbo leave the Shire. And, Sam has the last scene.

All this to say, this fence is going to end. But some people might fall asleep and other might be barely hanging on, but I know I will see it all until the end and the credits roll.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forget that STAR method

Window Panes

Putting on Packing On