Moderna Shot part 2

Thursday the administration of the 2nd covid shot was executed upon my arm. I felt fine enough to come home and mow the yard. As the day went on I was good. I slept fine, I think. Friday I was groggy and my head was filled full of air and water. I couldn't move without my brain swimming about. That lasted all Friday.

Later in the mid morning of Friday I took some over the counter Naproxen and got under the covers. I just lost lots of energy. I had upper body and arm chills. I stayed under the covers all day. I only got up to go potty or turn the outside lights on. I was fatigued.

Today I am much better. No light headedness has persisted. The chills have waned. I wanted to get up. I showered. I am getting dressed here soon. I feel like things are getting back on track. However, a few weeks after the first shot I lost the use my left leg a bit. I could walk, but I could not fully engage the groin muscle. I had to lift my leg into bed and out of bed. I had to struggle to drive my stick-shift car.

I applied a heating pad and kept it elevated. I also wrapped the area with an ace bandage. This seemed to help. The issue lasted about 3 days total. The hope is that this leg issue doesn't happen again. I took the 1st shot in my left arm. Because my arm was sore from taking down my sister's fence earlier this week, I took the 2nd shot in my right arm. So, if I have trouble with my right groin and upper leg in a few weeks, I will know something is "up."

Comments

  1. I appreciate knowing an honest reaction to the vaccination. There is not enough of this out there - only that one should get vaccinated and no reports of the actual reactions/side effects. We need more awareness, less "just do it" when it come to vaccination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Please share your story. As many documented stories as we can share will be so telling as the future unfolds.

      Delete
    2. My story is that I cannot get an appointment. Every time I go to the internet there are none available/fully booked. On a certain level, I am glad. I admit to being suspect of Johnson & Johnson (remember talcum powder?) and Pfizer (too many to list; see https://www.drugwatch.com/manufacturers/pfizer/). Interesting that: Lilly Named One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies - yet no vaccine from them - hmmm...For the time being, I venture outside only for essentials, continue to mask and glove up and compulsively handwash. I will continue to keep an eye on the vaccination appointments because despite what the Feds are saying, locally, certificates of vaccination are going to be mandated.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forget that STAR method

Window Panes

Putting on Packing On