Painting Houses

I just got good and started on the second day of tile cleaning when my dad shows up. I had told him that I would help him paint a house. He is using a sprayer, so this should not be a long ordeal. However, about a fifth of the way through the job, his sprayer refused to cooperate. So, he jumps in his truck and proceeds to purchase another sprayer from Harbor Freight.

About an hour later he returns and about forty minutes after that we have the sprayer assembled. I was in charge of taping windows and other house attachment so as to avoid painting things such as light fixtures, mailboxes, etc. I got as much taped as we had tape, so a few items were exposed. We ran out of painters tape and plastic. He got back started and the painting went pretty fast.

We get to a stopping point and my dad sits for a long while. I finally grab the sprayer and finish off where he left off. We still have one side to paint and that is the rear. We also have to do a second coat, trim, skirting and touch up and porch post painting. This is looking like a four day job. I am hopeful it will only take 3. Unfortunately our standards are at odds. I would have to have a 4th day.

While we were at this house painting, me and my 76 year old father with arthritic knees and an unnecessary level of obesity, at least two men much young than my dad stopped to get information about hiring him to paint their properties. So, yeah, he gave them his information.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forget that STAR method

Window Panes

Putting on Packing On