Governor and Limiter

Governors and Limiters are all around in human creations. My ceiling fan blew its self out of wack. The fan worked but the lights didn't. I tried changing the light bulbs and that yielded no repair. I swapped the ceiling fan from my back bedroom with the one not working. The exchanged ceiling fan and lights worked in the original room. The removed ceiling fan worked but the lights did not work in the back bedroom. I concluded that there was not a problem with the light switch, the fans, but with the lighting housing.

I went to Lowe's and asked if they had the light housing for the fan. They neither had the housing, the fan or any intact ceiling fans of the model I had. The Lowe's employee told me to call the maker of the ceiling fan or to find the brand and purchase a new ceiling fan. Not being about that life, I turned to google. I then turned to YouTube. 

I found a post on YouTube where the content creator helped me fix the problem. He showed me how to remove the limiter. The limiter is a wire piece that limits the about of power going to the ceiling fan. The fan can actually use more of the power it is receiving, but it is limited by this wire.

I faced this same issue with my bathroom shower. The water pressure ran too slowly for me. Another issue I had with the shower was that the water was not getting hot. It would get warm but not hot. Each issue could be resolved by removing the limiter. Each device (shower head and hot/cold control) was governed by a power dynamic that limited the amount of flow to the source to prevent over exerting the system or regulating the system as to prevent injury because of other state or federal regulations.

I always think about the Government and all institutions with this knowingness; most likely something is in place that is limiting the flow of resources to me or to someone else. We need to recognize that there may me a limiter in place. Now I have lights, hot water and a more powerful water pressure situation. Removing limiters in these places worked best for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forget that STAR method

Window Panes

Putting on Packing On