Aretha

Had to put on some Queen of Soul yesterday. I was eager to hear "I Say A Little Prayer." I have only this CD on the rack. I know I could just go to youtube and play whatever and whenever, but I wanted the CD. It is a pity I do not have the album. Hearing the clicks and cracks of the start of vinyl would been a triggering jolt of good dopamine. See, the only man that could ever reach me was a... "Son of a Preacher man!" 

My cousin in Virginia just finished her comedy school. She performed in front of 150 people. She looked like she was having fun. I went on my sister's facebook account to see a photo posted of her on stage just smiling and playing to the audience. I am thrilled for her. Regarding her future, "I Say A Little Prayer."

I hope this is the last day of painting. It is for me anyway. It has been nice helping out my dad. I even got to see my brother yesterday while on the work site. He was on his way to strip a car down at the local pick and pull. He said he had a new boss. My brother will be 55 this year. He has a substance abuse issue, and I am sure he is working for low wages and his fixes, or as he likes to call it, "His Medicine." He needs better insurance if that's all the medicine he can get. "I Say A Little Prayer."


Comments

  1. If you don't have a HULU account and they still offer a free 30 day trial, now is the time to sign up. Genius: Aretha is phenomenal! Cynthia Erivo does Ms. Franklin right. I was privileged to attend a virtual premiere screening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forget that STAR method

Window Panes

Putting on Packing On