Today is the Day that the LORD has made

July 5, 2019 was the last day I held a full-time job. It came with a bi-weekly paycheck. It was a 30k a year job. It had awful managers' of people. It had shady business practices. It served seniors with too much money, too much vanity and not enough sense. You know when you are in a place where everyone is too smart for their own good. This place is hell for a progressive, moral compassed, soul seeking person to serve and who is unashamed of justice and calm.

So in 5 more months it will have been 2 years of basically very little employment income. How have I done it? Well, I drove Uber for a few months in 2019. I fled to Virginia and ended up there during the onset of the pandemic. My cousin generously gave me a few thousand dollars. I withdrew 7,000.00 from Edward Jones Retirement in January 2020 before Covid-19 hit. I did three weeks of part-time temp work for a preschool in Virginia Beach, March 2020. I got back to Texas late April 2020 and applied for unemployment. Thankfully I was granted unemployment.

During all this, really since 2018 January 1, I have been underemployed or unemployed. All the bills have been paid, the car note, the mortgage, the one credit card I keep, and the provisions to thrive have held up. Nothing has risen up against what was established by The Most High.

I have applied for jobs of all sorts over the past 10 months. I have interviewed for about 5. I was notified via e-mail that though my skill set was fine, they were looking for someone with other skills or whatever they used to determine that they were moving on to other candidates. As with many "things" that happen during the course of the life in the natural of a 20 year child of GOD the MOST HIGH, I was fine with it, am fine with it, and will be fine with it.

Whatever door God sees fit to open is fine with me. Though I could read over this so called past and determined that this or the other has been unfair, unfit, or unrighteous, I shall not. For, I know the GOD I serve. He uses whatever to achieve HIS goal. Joseph said to his brothers twice within a few years, "What you intended for evil, God meant for good-- so that many would be saved from famine", or saved from oppression, or saved from disease or saved from themselves, or saved from whatever. Whatever happens, GOD is good. I will worship HIM in spirit and in Truth. I am one who believes HE exists and that HE is GOOD. I will receive HIS reward because I seek HIM in faith.

Get right church and let's go home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forget that STAR method

Window Panes

Putting on Packing On