Tightrope

Strung over a vast cavern and tethered by the grip of tall oaks

I trust I can step out onto it

but can I have that same energy when a third way through

ten meters or at the half way mark?

In whom do I trust at those moments?

Surely the winds are not at my control. They do not answer to me.

Surely those whom the air was meant for fleet of wing and abled flight

I do not rule over those who rule the air.

The thunder clouds or scorching heat the elements whose dominion

far exceeds the lives of men or beast

Is it I who dares to think that I move about with a greater trust

a strong belief or unmerited vestige where choice and feat meet?

Destiny is gentle, slow, and faster than an arrow but it comes.

Is this the day? For sure everyday. It is everyday.

Comments

  1. Makes me ponder the distinctions between trust and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I relate to your comment! Love is so sacrificial. Trust on the other hand is a constant negotiation, an understanding, an expectation. Trust is fixed in relationship to something. Love has made up its mind. In my opinion, love has a made up mind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forget that STAR method

Window Panes

Putting on Packing On