Helping My Sister With Her Fence

Today I spent the morning taking down 18 feet of my sister's damaged fence. The brush growth behind the fence and between her wooden fence and the neighbor's metal fence was offensive. Brush was intertwined in the metal fence and was pushing everything in odd directions. My sister's posts had moved at least 3-5 inches from their original placement.

I ran home and got my oscillating saw because it is the only thing I had small enough to get between small tree trucks, the neighbor's fence and my sister's fence's 2x4s so as to get to the screws to remove the 2x4's from the posts. It did the job. 

Thank goodness I had that tool. Also, thank goodness I had different size bits and bit extenders because it was all sorts of problems reaching screws. I also needed the oscillating saw to cut a 20 foot 2x4 down to 12 ft. Whoever put this fence up ran a 20 foot 2x4 across three sets of post hanging attachments. I was not going to take down 10 more feet of pickets for this. Plus part of the 20 ft 2x4 was damaged anyway. So I used the oscillating saw to cut the 20 footer down to 12 since the next post was at 8ft anyway.

So, I took down 18 feet of damaged fence. She will still need to apply stump brush and root killer, drilling holes in the stumps to get it to work quickly. The only other option is to remove the neighbor's metal fence. I don't think the neighbor is up for that. 


Her wooden fence is attached and ran by metal posts. 2 of these posts need to be lifted out of the ground and reset with concrete. Her gate needs reworking or replacing as well because where her damaged fence ends is at the gate that is also damaged a bit and in terrible shape.

All in all this is going to take some time. I am glad that I can help a bit and it didn't cost me anything to do this part for her.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forget that STAR method

Window Panes

Putting on Packing On