It has been a very full day. This morning I volunteered at a Habitat for Humanity work site putting up trusses. The cost for these homes has increased 30k since the start of the pandemic. These homes are meant to be affordable, but since the rise in lumber and materials cost has skyrocketed, it will take some doing to actually make these home affordable for the foreseeable future. There was a time when the program could make these zero percent loans at cost homes for an average cost of 65 to 75k. The payoff would span over 18 to 22 years. This allowed for the cost of the home to be repaid at a lower rate over time. The homeowner would essential pay around 350 to 400 dollars a month for mortgage, property taxes and home owners insurance. Now with the prices of lumber at such an outrageous cost, these same homes are averaging 95 to 115k. This means the loans have to be spread out over a longer period of time to keep the homes affordable. Not only that, the need for more financial assista...
At one point in my life I fashioned myself interested in Philosophy. I tended to lean toward Existentialism and Post-Structuralism with a dash of residual El Hajj Mailk Shabazz mixed with some W.E.B. Du Bois, but I got passed that. Nihilism is the belief that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated and is often associated with pessimism and radical skepticism that condemns existence... (and thus condemns itself-added by me). Granted there is literature that puts nihilism in two categories: Passive and Active. Read more for yourself. To make this short,- Belief and Faith are at a cross roads and one can be denied allowing the other to dominate one's life. I can believe that something is something without giving myself to it. I can have faith that something is something surrendering to the possibility that the outcome doesn't matter as long as I am at peace and rested in the fact that I have acceptance, on a level, that Belief in and of itself...
I rarely ever wear make-up. My sister sold Mary-Kay in the mid 90's and would beg me, hound me, pester me endlessly about purchasing product. "Do it now! Do it now! Do it now!" That was Mary Kay's sales motto. I took that motto later in life and made it, "I'm a DIN DIN girl! Do it now, do it now, do it now!" Then I would dart off to take care of whatever task I was referring to. Needless to say, I may have purchased one item that I can remember from her and that was a perfume named, "Angel Fire." Perfume I could do because it would not lead me to addiction. I figured if I were to start wearing make-up early on in life, I would have to wear make-up for the rest of my life. She tried to give me free make-up, too. Just like a pusher of anything that people know will lead to repeat sales, I was on to that tactic. Yesterday I spoke with my aunt who lives in Virginia by way of DUO (Facetime for Apple users). She commented oddly-- because she felt it ...
Comments
Post a Comment