My Fence is starting to go down hill. Not all of it, just about 38 feet. Yesterday I took out the impact drill and removed the screws of these pickets and planks from half of the row that needs repair. They are sitting against the remaining fence waiting for me and my dad to go to the box store to gather treated 2x4s. So, today might be the day of completion of the repairs to this fence, and I would like to stain it soon. It has been standing for going on 7 years. It is due for a makeover. I enjoy taking care of what I have been given. I am thankful for the ability to do the work. I receive every good and perfect gift from the Lord this day .
For several weeks there have been complaining neighbors (usually about noise pollution of one sort or the other) on the Nextdoor site that probably has inundated all communities across the US. I read a bit from this site from time to time. One lady posts recipes everyday. Dogs and cats are always lost and recovered or found and taken to the vet. Updates are given on the state of the road demolitions and the role of the city regarding easements and mowing. Sob stories of stolen items lifted in broad daylight from open garage doors and questions about the best dentist in town recommendations pop up. Sightings of roaming dogs and strange lurkers checking car doors are posted with video from the ring app. Houses and clothes and other items for sale litter the feed. These posts about loud noises lasting for many minutes or the booming of cars with bass speakers rattling windows intrigue me. The speculations are wild, but usually someone will repeat the oft correct source of the loud no...
It has been a very full day. This morning I volunteered at a Habitat for Humanity work site putting up trusses. The cost for these homes has increased 30k since the start of the pandemic. These homes are meant to be affordable, but since the rise in lumber and materials cost has skyrocketed, it will take some doing to actually make these home affordable for the foreseeable future. There was a time when the program could make these zero percent loans at cost homes for an average cost of 65 to 75k. The payoff would span over 18 to 22 years. This allowed for the cost of the home to be repaid at a lower rate over time. The homeowner would essential pay around 350 to 400 dollars a month for mortgage, property taxes and home owners insurance. Now with the prices of lumber at such an outrageous cost, these same homes are averaging 95 to 115k. This means the loans have to be spread out over a longer period of time to keep the homes affordable. Not only that, the need for more financial assista...
Comments
Post a Comment